Geriatric Care Clinic (GCC)
GCC Programmes Conducted
21 Sep 2016
Organized a CME Programme (Theme: “Remember
Me”) on the occasion of ‘World Alzheimer’s Day’.
03 Jan 2017
CME Programme Combinely organized by Geriatric Care Clinic (GCC) & Dept. of Community Medicine, about the
“SRU Experience in Geriatric Care” during the CME on “Geriatric Care”.
17 Feb 2017
In order to spread awareness about the existing services for Elderly (Geriatric population) in SRIHER, the
Geriatric Care Clinic (GCC) organized a ‘Panel Discussion’ on ‘Health concerns & remedy in Geriatrics’.
21 Sep 2017
A panel discussion on ‘Active Ageing’ was organized by GCC with Dept. of Psychiatry to commemorate ‘World
20 Mar 2019
Organized ‘World Sleep Day’ CME at Dhanvanthri Hall and in that Dr. Jayakumar Menon delivered a topic on
‘Management of Sleep Disorders in Elderly’.
20 Sep 2020
Organized & Chaired a Webinar [Geriatric Care Clinic (GCC), SRIHER & ARDSI – Chennai Chapter collaborated]
to commemorate “World Alzheimer’s Month.
21 Sep 2021
In Collaboration with Help Age India, a webinar organized on “Know Alzheimer’s, Know Dementia” to
commemorate World Alzheimer’s Day on 21 Sep 2021.
Conference / Workshop / CME Participation
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Delivered a Lecture on “Neuro-Psychiatric Assessment and Management of Early Dementias” during the
Andhra Pradesh State Mid-term CME at Thirupathi, on 05th & 06 March 2016.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as a Delegate & Chaired a session on “Hallucinations in Older People” during the
“Brain & Mind” Scientific Workshop held at Hotel Leela Palace, Chennai on 27th August 2016.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as Delegate in the International Conference on “Advances in Dementia” & “XXI National
Conference of the Alzheimer’s & Related Disorders Society of India (ARDSI)” [Organized by ARDSI Calcutta Chapter], held
between 22nd - 24 September 2017, at The Gateway Hotel, Kolkata, India.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Delivered a Guest Lecture on the topic “Memory Clinics in India” at Institute of Mental Health,
Kilpauk, Chennai on 18 Nov 2017.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as Speaker in “Indian Psychiatric Society – South Zonal Branch – [CME For
Practitioners]” and delivered a Lecture on “TIPS OF PHARMACOTHERAPY IN ELDERLY” held at IMA
House, Kochi, Kerala on 28th
& 29th April 2018. This educational activity has been reviewed and
accredited and it has been awarded for 3.5 Credit
hours of Category 2 CME credits by The Travancore Cochin Council of Modern Medicine, Kerala.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as a Delegate & Chairperson in the “National Conference on ‘Psychiatry in
Population” on the scientific session titled “Mental Health Problems in Elderly” held at Sree
Balaji Medical College and
Hospital (SBMCH), Chennai on 16th June 2018.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as a Delegate & presented a topic on “The Dementia Epidemic – Challenges for
during the ‘Neuropsychiatry Interface’ held at Hyatt Regency, Chennai on 1st
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated and delivered a Guest Speech on “Management of Neuro Psychiatric Syndrome in
– Clinical Appraisal” during the ‘Indian Psychiatric Society – Madurai’ monthly meet on 30 March 2019.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as a delegate and Chaired a session on “Recent Advances in the Management of
during the ‘DEMENTIA AN UPDATE ’ held on 23 June 2019 at Hotel Ambassador Pallava, Chennai.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as Chairperson on the occasion of the 23rd
National Conference of the Alzheimer’s &
Related Disorders Society of India, ARDSICON – 2019, held on the 16th & 17th November 2019, at the IMA
Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated as Delegate & Moderated a Scientific Session during the ‘Dementia Update 1.0’
Hotel Le-Meridien, Chennai on 7th March 2020.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated in the ‘Webinar on Dementia Update’ organized by ‘Eisai’ & ‘ARDSI’ and chaired
session on 26th July 2020.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated in the ‘Webinar on LET’S TALK DEMENTIA’ on the ‘Topic: Assessment and
tools for early detection of Dementia’ on 23rd August 2020.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated in the ‘Webinar on Dementia Update’ on the ‘Topic: Behavioural and
Symptoms of Dementia’ organized by ‘Eisai’ and chaired a session on 28th
- Dr. R. Sathianathan involves as Guest Speaker during the “Knowledge Sharing Session” organized by Star Health
and delivered a lecture on the topic “DEMENTIA” – Causes, Prevention & Treatment measures’ during a ZOOM Meeting
- Dr. R. Sathianathan involves as Guest Speaker during the “DEMENTIAS, AN UPDATE” organized by A.C.S. Medical
Hospital and delivered a lecture on the topic “DEMENTIA” during a Webinar on 23rd August 2021.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, Participated and moderated a Webinar on “Know Alzheimer’s Know Dementia” organized by
and Related Disorders Society of India (ARDSI) National Office on 05 September 2021.